Dear Project Kindy Village,
Thank you, team, for your support in terms of advocacy (sharing the story of the children with your network), encouragement, fundraising, donations and prayers. Every little gift helps move this grassroots initiative along and we are so grateful. Thank you for helping these children have food in their tummies and pre-school experience.
Your Village Update:
1) Our first permanent classroom has had the foundation laid and walls built, roof and painting are next.
2) The negative effects on food insecurity due to the cyclone earlier this year are being felt now with high maize prices due to increased demand from industry and below-average harvests and financial pressure on households (read more info here) Your donations give food security to the poor. Please consider becoming a regular donor from as little as $4/month to ensure more tummies are full.
3) Massive thanks to our recent Fundraisers:
- Michelle McEachern from Paddock Espresso raised $400 with her cafe’s Christmas Markets,
- Coffee Clubs at Stafford, Chermside, Toombul and Taigum raised $151.75
- Kate Prior raised $280 with her two games nights,
- Ken Mayers raised $133 with his chocolate station in the staffroom,
- Jacqui Du Payne and her son Ethan (and I) raised $2738 with our Trivia Night which was evenly shared between Padua’s Franciscan Appeal and Project Kindy ($1369)
- and Shaun McLean and the Volleyball community from Churchie raised $1278 with a 3-day volleyball competition,
- Pretty Faces Makeup raised $300 (my skincare and makeup business)
- Special mention to Sr Melissa Dwyer who raised $5123 through her public speaking!
4) A big welcome to our new Project Kindy members including our new regular and once-only donors, email list members and social media and in-person advocates! Thank you very much for your support!
5) Charity Christmas Cards are available through Rosie Lou stationery. Please support Camille as she supports us! She is passionate about creating beautiful, locally produced stationery that lowers your environmental footprint using recycled post-consumer card, non-toxic vegetable-based inks and much more. Now’s the time to explore their website for all your end-of-year thank you gifts, cards and wrapping paper!
6) Project Kindy Christmas Vouchers are available on our website in $15, $32 and $76 vouchers. A custom amount is available if needed. We can print your vouchers if required otherwise you’ll receive an email version that you can send to your friends and family near and far. You’ll be the BEST Santa ever by giving the gifts of food security and school readiness to a child or children in need.
7) A most heartfelt THANK YOU to the Catholic Leader for their support and shining a spotlight on our little grassroots mission. Listen to the ABC Brisbane Radio interview about Project Kindy after the Catholic Leader Awards encouraged our efforts by naming myself as the Volunteer of the Year.
PS. If you would like to become a regular donor to Project Kindy from as little as $4/month, or include a legacy donation to us in your will, please see our website for more details. https://projectkindy.com/donate